Wednesday 25 July 2012

Lianne La Havas - Is Your Love Big Enough?


With her soft 50’s inspired styling and hair reminiscent of Janelle Monáe, Lianne La Havas’ debut album ‘Is Your Love Big Enough?’ is the newest album download to grace my ever growing iTunes account.

Quickly putting the album onto shuffle, the electric guitar precision and strong base on the title track quickly became a favourite but the light and airy tracks like ‘Au Cinema’ and ‘Elusive’ carries the feelings of a lazy, summer day. A quick switch to ‘Age’ is probably the best representation of Lianne’s style as the 50’s style track transports me back to years of listening to 50’s jazz music in the back of my dad’s car.

The standout track for me is ‘Lost & Found’. I don’t know what it is about this song but the simplicity of the backing track with the strong and clear acoustics just seems to speak quiet volumes to me.

ALBUM OUT NOW:- £10.99 for 17 tracks

0 comments:

Post a Comment